nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Back Again!

Well it's been a while. I'm still continuing on my weight loss path although with a little less enthusiasm as I have been incredibly busy for the last couple of months. Its hard to find time to eat right when you're stressing about work or busy coughing up a long. Stupid pollen! However, my total weight loss is up to 25 lbs! Still got a long way to go, but I'm getting back to Curves tonight after a two week absence and I vow to start counting my points again this week.

A few things that I am super excited about that are coming up over the next few weeks are the opening of the Sex and the City movie and my mom's 50th birthday party. Allison's coming to town on the night SATC opens so we can see it together. I'm hoping to find a great low-cal recipe for Cosmos and when I do, I'll post it. I've already found some great SATC themed drinks, but they were all major calorie splurges. Hungry Girl probably has some options. Just gotta make sure my shaker top is nice and tight so I can sneak my cocktail into the theater!

As far as my mom's birthday party goes, the diet is out the window! I am planning for other people of course. :-D She wants a casual backyard afternoon BBQ. For like 50 people!!! We're looking at getting fruit, veggies, and fried chicken trays from Publix. Kaki is ordering oysters to serve bbq'ed and raw. Those will be yummy! My mom has found a great looking recipe for salsa. We'll probably do a cheeseball and crackers. Now I thought maybe we should just stick to finger foods, but Mom said she'd like to make it more of a meal and do bbq, potato salad, and slaw like stuff.

Then of course there will be cake! That's what I'm in charge of. I'm still debating whether to order one of make it myself. I have this vision of a simple two-tiered cake with a big shiny 50 on top. I tried a practice cake to see if I even had close to the skills to make a two-tiered cake last night. I'm afraid I don't. Kaki thinks that that I could do it, but I'm worried that I'll screw it up in the end and I'll spend the whole day of the party working on it and not be able to help with the other stuff. I guess I have about a little while to decide. I just don't want her to end up with a boring sheet cake from Bilo. Blah!

So to conclude this extra long recap post that I swore I'd never write, the next few posts will be all about recipes I find for the party. Not about weight loss. So it's a little break from Anne Gets Skinny to Anne Plans a Party. My favorite thing to do :) My mom is so gonna hate me after this.

No comments: