nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

Monday, March 10, 2008

Mexican Mac and Cheese


I've been adding chopped green chilies to my mac and cheese for a while now. It's so good! I like this low fat version but I would skip the olives cause those aren't my thing.


Points: 5

Servings: 4


INGREDIENTS

2 cups uncooked radiatore (nugget) pasta (6 ounces)
1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
1/2 cup fat-free (skim) milk or fat-free half-and-half
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 small red bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 can (4.5 ounces) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles, drained
4 slices fat-free process American cheese (2 ounces)

DIRECTIONS

1. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
2. Stir remaining ingredients into pasta. Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and sauce is hot.

No comments: